The Torpedo C.A.B. M+ («Cabinets in A Box»)…
… is the missing link between the guitarist’s rig and the PA or an audio interface. Use the best virtual cabinets available or load your own IR files.
Updated to include a stunning clean preamp, audio enhancer, tuner, additional reverbs and noise gate to work seamlessly with the (updated) power amps, cab sims and the other amazing features you know and love about your Torpedo C.A.B. M - Two notes Audio Engineering have upgraded your pedal to the incredible Torpedo C.A.B. M+.
You love the sound of your guitar rig, with its carefully chosen pedals interacting with your amp. With the Torpedo technology, the tone you created is faithfully sent directly to a PA or an audio interface with consistency at any show, studio session or rehearsal. End the hassle of cables, mics and poor room quality that prevent your tone to be at its best.
The C.A.B M+ answers all the needs of the player because it can be placed at the end of the pedalboard to have a lightweight rig to carry around, between the amp and the speaker for the best amp DI, and with its headphones output it can be used at home with any pedals for quick and easy practice.
Exclusive Torpedo technology
Highly realistic speaker simulation is achieved by use of convolution. Two notes started from that technology and brought it much further, to accurately reproduce the characteristics of the whole miking chain (speaker, microphone, preamplifier, studio room acoustic).
Many parameters influence the sound of your guitar or bass rig when it comes to recording. Taking good care of the cabinet selection and miking will dramatically improve the sound of your takes. The Torpedo simulation reproduces the tiniest variations of a cabinet behavior (such as its frequency response). Move the microphone in the virtual studio room thanks to the Torpedo IR synthesis: all the settings you need to achieve great recordings are here. Because we want you to express your full potential, the Torpedo processing is compatible with third-party IRs, and the Torpedo C.A.B. M can load mono files in high resolution, up to 200ms in real time.
The stompbox-style Torpedo
Thanks to the Torpedo technology, the Torpedo C.A.B. M+ delivers all the benefits of the best miked cabinet simulation to the player who wants to record and gig without the hassle of the mics and the cables. As a standalone unit, the Torpedo C.A.B. M comes loaded with 32 Two notes virtual cabinets, 8 microphones and 8 rooms to choose from, right out of the box.
With an amp
Offer your amplifier the best direct output you can dream of: connect the speaker output of your amp into the Torpedo C.A.B. M+ input and the SPEAKER OUT of the C.A.B. M+ into your speaker cabinet. No need for a microphone, the most versatile amp DI on Earth is taking care of it. (DISCLAIMER: the C.A.B. M+ is not a loadbox. If you connect your amp output to the pedal you must connect the cabinet to the Speaker ouput of the C.A.B. M+.)
With a preamp
Connect your preamplifier directly to the Torpedo C.A.B. M+ and take advantage of our exclusive tube power amp modeling. Select a type of amplifier and its characteristics, a tube model, and make your preamp sing as it deserves!
Control your Torpedo from your mobile device or computer
With its clear and intuitive interface, Torpedo Remote will give you access to all parameters on your Torpedo, including loading and saving presets, loading new IRs, and updating the unit’s firmware. You can pick any speaker cabinets from the Two notes Store, preview them on your own tracks in real time, and choose to buy the ones you prefer.
You can either download the application for iOS™ or Android™ or the version for your Mac OS™ or Windows™ computer.
Arcade or Simulation mode
Two Notes borrowed the concept of Arcade VS Simulation from the world of video games.
The Arcade mode is usually the easy way to, for example, drive a race car. You can hit obstacles, other cars, you can still win the race. Two Notes recommend that for your first experience with The Torpedo C.A.B. you start with the Arcade preset mode to get more familiar with the concept of virtual miking.
The simulation mode is not for beginners and requires more experience and knowledge about how the car actually works, depending on many tiny but still important parameters (weather, type of tires, track design…). In that preset mode you will gain access to the full list of parameter, to fine tune your sound and make it perfect to your ears.
Expand your cabinet library – sky is the limit
The Torpedo C.A.B. M+ comes with 32 virtual cabinets carefully crafted by Two notes Audio Engineering. If that’s not enough, you can access through the computer version of Torpedo Remote to a library of more than 250 virtual cabinets created by our Capture masters, including official cabinets from Mesa Boogie, Celestion and more!
Torpedo C.A.B. M is also capable of loading Impulse Responses files delivered by third-party vendors or available for free on the Internet. The unit comes with a 256MB memory card that can already embark thousands of them, and you can also use your own card if you need more space.
The Torpedo C.A.B. M finds its place on your pedalboard, after a preamp, among your usual stompboxes., or between between the amp and the speaker cabinet as an amp DI.
To create a lightweight rig with a pedalboard, place the Torpedo C.A.B. M+ on your pedalboard knowing that the best results are achieved by placing it before the time-based and modulation effects (chorus, delay, reverb…), which then become brighter and clearer. This position also allows to take advantage of the possible stereo of these effects. This is similar to the way things are done in the studio, where modulations are often applied to guitar and bass tracks after recording.
To use the Torpedo C.A.B. M+ as an amp DI, place it after the power amp section of your amp by connecting the speaker output of the your amp to the AMP input of the C.A.B. M+ , and connecting your cabinet to the SPEAKER OUTPUT of the pedal. (DISCLAIMER: The Torpedo C.A.B. M+ is not a loadbox). Using the C.A.B. M+ this way ensures you to send your exact full guitar tone to the PA or an audio interface to have the same quality studio-grade sound every single time you play.
The Torpedo C.A.B. M+ comes with a selection of 32 Two notes cabinets and much more
- Uber75: 4×12 cabinet with Celestion® G12T-75 and V30.
- Brownyback: 4×12 cabinet Peavey 5150® with Celestion® speakers
- Tanger Fat: PPC412HP© 4×12 Orange® with Celestion® Heritage G12H (55Hz) and Celestion© G12M Heritage Greenback
- BigBeast: Zilla® 4×12 Closed Back, 16 Ohms. Equipped with a Celestion® Vintage 30
- RackHero: Suhr® CAA 4×12” CB Alien Transformer® 20W Greenback clones
- BoGreen: Bogner® 4×12 Greenbacks G12M25 Reissue in 16ohms
- Calif StdC: Mesa/Boogie® Rectifier® Standard 4×12” Celestion® V30 closed back
- Calif StdO: Mesa/Boogie® Rectifier® Standard 4×12” Celestion® V30 open back
- Free Rock: VHT® Deliverance 4×12″ Eminence® P50E
- Brit 65C: Marshall® 1965A 4×10” Celestion® G10L-35 closed back
- Revv 2×12 Open Back V1:Revv 212 open back with Warehouse Guitar Speakers Vet 30 and ET 90 drivers
- Revv 2×12 Closed Back V1:Revv 212 closed back with Warehouse Guitar Speakers Vet 30 and ET 90 drivers
- Greatsh:Gretsch® 6159 amp cabinet with two Jensen® C12-PS
- Prime A:Divided by Thirteen® FTR37 2×12” OB Celestion® Blue & G12H30 70th Anniversary
- Silver77:Fender® Twin Reverb® 2×12″ with orange JBL®
- Vibro Utah:Vintage 1961 Fender® Vibrolux® 1×12” original Utah speaker
- Vibro V30<:Vintage 1961 Fender® Vibrolux® 1×12” Celestion® V30
- Voice 30:Original Vox® AC30 JMI 2×12” Celestion® « Silver Bell »
- Eddie:Peavey® 5150 2×12” Sheffield 1200
- Brit Std: Marshall® JCM900 2×12″ Celestion® G12T
- Watt FanC: Hiwatt® 2×12” Fane closed back
- Revv 1×12 ET90: Revv 112 with Warehouse Guitar Speakers ET90 driver
- CalifOver: Mesa/Boogie® 1×12 with Blackshadow® C90 speaker.
- LuxTweeDe: Fender® Blues Deluxe Reissue with a custom Eminence® speaker
- Rand RD112: Randall® RD112 1×12 angled with Celestion® Vintage 30
- Silver10: Fender® Princeton Reverb® with Jensen® P10Q
- JubilV30: Marshall® 2556AV 2×12″ Celestion® Vintage 30
- Green18: Trace Elliot© 1818T
- Fat Mama: Ampeg© SVT-410HE 4×10
- WGrandBlvd: Ampeg® B15N 1×15” CB Jensen® C15N
- Heaven Top: David Eden® 4×10”
- Marco: Markbass® 2×10”
POWER AMP SIMULATOR
4 TUBE TYPES:
2 CIRCUIT TYPES:
- class A / single ended
- class AB / push pull
2 DIFFERENT MODES:
- Choice of speaker cabinet and microphone
- Microphone position (distance, axis, front/back)
- 3 modes: Guitar or Bass with 6 band EQ, and Custom mode with adjustable hi-pass filter and 5 semi-parametric band EQ.
- Reverb (8 rooms)
Input / Output
AMP/INST/LINE Input: 1/4″ Jack balanced (TRS, Tip/Ring/Sleeve) — Max level: 4,7 dBu (GTR) / 10,3 dBu (LINE) — Impedance : 100 KOhms (GTR) / 10 KOhms (LINE)
Aux In: 1/4″ Jack stereo (TRS)
Speaker Output: 1/4″ Jack balanced (TRS)
AMP/LINE Output: 1/4″ Jack balanced (TRS) – Max level: 10 dBu (AMP) / 16 dBu (LINE) – Impedance : 470 Ohms Headphones output: 1/4″ Jack stereo (TRS)
24 bits / 96 kHz converters
Bandwidth (-1dB): 12Hz – 19 kHz
Signal/Noise ratio: > 95 dB
Internal processing at 32 bits
Latency: 1.7 ms (Line Input to Line Output)
Mains power adapter: DC Jack 2.1mm, negative center
Input voltage: 12V DC
Power consumption: approx. 3.6W
Current consumption: 300mA
Dimensions & weight<
Width x depth x height: 121 x 96 x 63 (mm)
Weight: 450 g
Note: All product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Two notes Audio Engineering or bmusic.