The original Fly Rig, introduced in 2014, was a true game-changer for players in all categories, from touring pros to bedroom hobbyists, and expanded into a series. Each Tech 21 Fly Rig is much more than a pedalboard. In a single pedal. And no board. Less than 13” long and weighing just over 20 oz., each sleek, compact unit embodies an entire rig.
At each core, is the all-analog SansAmp, which makes it possible to go direct to a PA or studio mixers and computer interfaces. For effects, you have the essentials and the ability to add some fun stuff, too. What you don’t have are crackling patch cables, dying batteries or ground loops. No stinkin’ van, heavy flight cases, cable spaghetti, and no dead weight. No stressing over what to pack and agonizing over what to leave behind. No dreading cheesy backline loaners and overheating at the mere thought of your touring rig going down.
With a Tech 21 Fly Rig, you can relax. For fly gigs across the globe, jamming at the local hang, and last minute recording sessions, you’ll be the first one ready to go. Just pop your Fly Rig into your guitar case or backpack and head for the door.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
• All-analog SansAmp tube amplifier emulation circuitry
• Two individual Drive controls for gain and overdrive
• Two individual Level controls
• Bite switch activates a presence boost to provide extra clarity to the top end
• On-board active post-EQ section, cut or boost 12dB
• Compression that utilizes old-school FET-based technology
• EFX section with Octafilter, Fuzz and Chorus
• Chromatic tuner
While Bass Fly Rig v2 retains the same 100% analog SansAmp heart and cool effects, it now offers:
• A choice of SansAmp Character modes:
SansAmp Bass Driver DI for a variety of classic bass tube amp tones, or VT Bass DI with a more specific focus on Ampeg-style tones.
• Channel switching for two different Drive and Level settings.
Go from clean to dirty, not-so-clean to not-so-dirty, very dirty to downright nasty, or any variation in between.
• Effect loop to facilitate incorporating additional outboard effects.
with Choice of CHARACTER Modes and CHANNEL Switching
OCTAVE and FUZZ
Adds the choral voicings of two instruments. With a slight delay between, it adds thickness and space.
• 1/4-inch 4.7megOhm input to deliver the full sound of piezos
• Input Pad for active basses
• XLR output with ground connect
• 1/4-inch low impedance output
• Speaker simulation defeat switch
• Rugged, all-metal housing
• Metal footswitches and jacks
• Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators
• Utilizes included 9V DC power supply (Tech 21 Model #DC9), 250mA, 100-240V universal auto-switching power supply with interchangeable international
plugs for use anywhere in the world.