When you first lay eyes on the Forte Port Exotic JE you can not help but notice the striking appearance. That is thanks to the Java Ebony top. The styling is enhanced thanks to a bold satin black finish on the Okoume back and sides and the addition of black binding and hardware. The sonic performance is just as striking as the Forte Port Exotic's look. These woods combine to give you a full-bodied rich and deep tone. We further improve that performance via our Port Technology which positions the soundhole off center and opens up a larger soundboard.
Want to plug it in? No problem. The Forte Port Exotic JE includes a complete Fishman electronics system with an under saddle pickup.
The Forte Port Exotic JE is a great instrument and value, check out all of the details below.
- Top: Java Ebony & Mahogany Blend
- Back Material: Okoume
- Side Material: Okoume
- Binding: Black Triple Ply
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ovangkol
- Fretboard Radius: 12 Inch / 30.48 cm
- Number of Frets: 20
- Inlays: Mini-Dots
- Scale Length 25.5 in / 647.7 mm
- Truss Rod Type Dual Action
- Neck Profile Comfort C
- Nut Material: Black Tusq
- Nut Width: 1 11/16" / 43 mm
- Strings: D'Addario EXP16 Coated Phosphor Bronze, Light, 12-53
- Electronics: Fishman Preamp and Pickup
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Keys: MK Diecast
- Bridge Type: Zero-End Pin Ovangkol
- Ultra Thin Satin Natural UV Finish
- Extreme cutaway body shape that provides enhanced access to upper frets and great balance
- Side soundhole for added air movement and a great new tone for the player.
Acoustic guitar design has not changed significantly since the pre-World War II era. For several years now, the Michael Kelly team has been working on a fresh new approach to acoustic guitars. This has culminated with the development of the new Port Technology. At the core of this innovation is an offset soundhole approach coupled with an all new bracing design. Traditional soundhole placement interrupts a potentially potent “soundboard” area located between the neck and the bridge. By relocating the soundhole, Michael Kelly was able to bring this area to life, providing a louder and more resonate overall top performance. This performance enhancement is especially evident on models with integrated electronics where the added resonance collaborates with the bridge mounted piezo for undeniably better results.