The World’s most advanced digital loadbox.
The next generation of the world-acclaimed VB-101, this is the pinnacle of speaker and miking simulation – the ultimate loadbox! Its new features notably include a new loadbox with increased admissible power, a switchable impedance (4, 8, or 16 Ohms), and the possibility to choose between resistive and reactive loadbox. Its new, enhanced design makes it a more advanced, much lighter successor to.
You may love the sound of your amplifier but playing it can come with certain problems (noise, weight…). We bring you the simplest way to get the best tone out of YOUR gear. The Torpedo Studio features a unique switchable reactive pr resistive impedance loadbox with 2 processing channels to get the best out of your amp.
Exclusive Studio Technology
Highly realistic speaker simulation is achieved by use of convolution. Two Notes started from that technology and brought it much further, to accurately reproduce the characteristics of the whole miking chain (speaker, microphone, preamplifier, studio room acoustic).
Many parameters influence the sound of your guitar or bass rig when it comes to recording. Taking good care of the cabinet selection and miking will dramatically improve the sound of your takes. The Torpedo simulation reproduces the tiniest variations of a cabinet behavior such as frequency response and distortion (*). Move the microphone in the virtual studio room thanks to the Torpedo IR synthesis, control the phase with the Variphi: all the settings you need to achieve great recordings are here.
Dual mono/stereo miking: combined simulation of 2 cabinets + 2 microphones for optimal mixing. Position two different microphones before your speaker, or before two different speakers. Mix the two simulations to send them to the stereo outputs.
Post-FX section: when recoding guitars and basses it is common to apply a few effects to shape the sound before it is sent to the PA or recorder. The Studio comes with a simple but efficient EQ filter, 1-band exciter, and a studio compressor.
Power amp emulation: Plug your preamp directly into your Torpedo Studio. It embeds our component-based tube power amp simulation. Simply choose the amp design and characteristics, and select the tube type.
(*) Studio, VB-101, VM-202 and WoS plug-in only
Control your Torpedo & access the Two Notes Boutique
With its clear and intuitive interface, Torpedo Remote will give you access to all parameters on your Torpedo, including loading and saving presets, loading new IRs, and updating the unit’s firmware. You can pick any speaker cabinets from the Two Notes Boutique, preview them on your own tracks in real time, and choose to buy the ones you prefer.
Studio-quality electronic design
The best simulation is nothing without a perfectly designed analog and digital circuit. Two Notes focuses on the whole signal chain, from your amp or preamp output to the PA, monitor, headphones or recorder to ensure the best performance. Guitar and bass players deserve studio quality gear ! Compared to its predecessor, the Studio achieves better signal to noise ratio, lower distortion, lower crosstalk, to preserve the full dynamics of your playing.
In the studio, it can be very interesting to record a raw track that you can later reprocess (we call this “remiking”) at the mixing stage thanks to the Torpedo Studio. This allows you to concentrate on the music when recording, not on the sound
Of course, you can record both processed and unprocessed signals to your DAW at the same time.
- Integrated 150 W RMS (200 W peak) loadbox with active heat control
- Resistive or reactive loadbox with choice of impedance 4, 8 or 16 Ohms
- Maximum input voltage: 280 V AC (51 dBu)
- Security load: 200 Ohms / 10 Watts
- Amplifier input: Jack 6.35 mm (1/4?) unbalanced (TS, Tip/Sleeve), to connect the speaker output of your tube or solid state amplifier
- Speaker Thru: Jack 6.35mm (1/4?) unbalanced (TS), to connect an optional cabinet instead of using the internal loadbox)
- Line inputs: 2 x Combo XLR – Jack 6.35 mm (1/4?) balanced (TRS)/unbalanced (TS)
- Line outputs: 2 x XLR balanced
- Headphones output: Jack 6.35 mm (1/4?) balanced (TRS) stereo
- Digital inputs: AES & S/PDIF 2 channels input
- Digital outputs: AES & S/PDIF 2 channels output
The Torpedo Studio is fully controllable via MIDI.
Program Changes are used to change presets.
Control Changes are used to control the parameters of the TorpedoStudio.
Torpedo Remote software : PC/Mac (Intel only) compatible (USB connection – no driver needed)
Analog to digital converter:
- Sampling frequency: 192 kHz
- Resolution: 24 bits
- Noise level: -111 dB
- (A-weighted) THD: 0.0026%
- Stereo crosstalk: -109 dB
Digital to analog converter:
- Sampling frequency: 96 kHz
- Resolution: 24 bits
- Noise level: -109 dB (A-weighted)
- THD: 0.0008%
- Stereo crosstalk: -106 dB
Frequency response: 13Hz- 45 kHz
Latency: (Normal latency mode) 5.063 ms, (Low Latency mode) 3.064 ms (Line Input to Line Output)
Speaker Cabinets and Effecst
The Torpedo Studio comes with a selection of 50 Two Notes cabinets
Test more cabinets in real time and buy the ones you like on La Boutique, available via Torpedo Remote or WoS III.
Power amp simulation
4 tube types:
2 different circuit topologies:
- classe A / single ended
- classe AB / push pull
2 different modes:
- triode Settings:
- Pentode / Triode switch
- 2Notes CSG: Two Notes Custom 1×12? ElectroVoice® EVM12L
- Alichino: Cornford® Harlequin 1×12” OB Celestion® Vintage 30 UK
- Angl VintC: Engl® 4×12? Celestion® V30
- Bayou: Jenkins® Sound Lab 2×12” OB Eminence® Patriot Swamp Thang
- BDeLuxe: Fender® Blues Deluxe 1×12?
- Blonde 63: Fender® Bassman ’63 Blonde Tolex Piggy Back 2×12?
- Brit 65C: Marshall® 1965A 4×10? Celestion® G10L-35 closed back
- Brit 65O: Marshall® 1965A 4×10? Celestion® G10L-35 open back
- Brit Std: Marshall® JCM900 2×12? Celestion® G12T
- Brit VintC: Marshall® Slash Signature 4×12? Celestion® V30 closed back
- Brit VintO: Marshall® Slash Signature 4×12? Celestion® V30 open back
- Calif C90: Mesa/Boogie® 1×12? Celestion® C90 (Black Shadow)
- Calif StdC: Mesa/Boogie® Rectifier® Standard 4×12? Celestion® V30 closed back
- Calif StdO: Mesa/Boogie® Rectifier® Standard 4×12? Celestion® open back
- Can Abyss: Supro® Clone 1×12” OB Eminence® Patriot Cannabis Rex Hemp Cone
- Eddie: Peavey® 5150 2×12? Sheffield 1200
- Feline: Bad Cat® 2×12” OB Celestion® Bad Cat® Proprietary
- Ferret: Suhr® Badger 2×12” OB Warehouse® Veteran30
- Forest: Elmwood® 2×12? Celestion® V30
- Free Rock: VHT® Deliverance 4×12? Eminence® P50E
- Free Rock2: VHT® Deliverance 2×12? Eminence® P50E
- Green Tri: Hughes&Kettner® Triamp 4×12? Celestion® Greenback
- Jazz 120: Vintage Roland® JC120 2×12?
- JubilGreen: Marshall® 2550 2×12? Celestion® Greenback
- JubilV30: Marshall® 2550 2×12? Celestion® V30
- Kerozen: Diezel® 4×12? Celestion® G12K-100
- Monarch: Tone King® Galaxy 2×12” OB Tone King® 33? Custom Designed
- Prime A: Divided by Thirteen® FTR37 2×12” OB Celestion® Blue & G12H30 70th Anniversary (mic G12H30 side)
- Prime B: Divided by Thirteen® FTR37 2×12” OB Celestion® Blue & G12H30 70th Anniversary (mic Blue side)
- R2D2: Musicman® 112 RD 1×12” Electro-Voice® EVM12L
- RackHero: Custom Audio Amplification® 4×12” CB Alien Transformer® 20W Greenback clones
- Silver77: Vintage Fender® Twin Reverb® 2×12? orange JBL®
- SilverJen: Vintage Fender® Twin Reverb® 2×12? Jensen® C12K
- StrongBack: VHT® Fat Bottom 4×12? Eminence® P50E
- The One: Brunetti® Neo1512 1×15? + 1×12?
- Twill 15: Clark® Tweed Replica 1×15” OB Jensen® 1959
- Vibro Utah: Vintage 1961 Fender® Vibrolux® 1×12? original Utah speaker
- Vibro V30: Vintage 1961 Fender® Vibrolux® 1×12? Celestion® V30
- Voice 30: Original Vox® AC30 JMI 2×12? Celestion® “Silver Bell”
- Voice 65: 1965 Vox® 2×12?
- VoiceModrn: Vox® V212H, 2×12? Celestion® Alnico Blue
- Watt FanC: Hiwatt® 2×12? Fane closed back
- Watt FanO: Hiwatt® 2×12? Fane open back
- XTCab: Bogner® 4×12? Celestion® V30
- 2Notes CSB: Two Notes Custom 1×15?
- Alu XL: Hartke® XL 4×10?
- AZ Ben: SWR® Big Ben 1×18?
- AZ Work: SWR® WorkingMan 4×10?
- Calif Low: Mesa/Boogie® 2×10?
- Fridge: Ampeg® 8×10?
- Heaven Bot: David Eden® 1×15?
- Heaven Top: David Eden® 4×10?
- Marco: Markbass® 2×10?
- New York: Markbass® 4×6?
- Rea One: AER® Cab One 2×10?
- Voice V125: Vox® V125 2×12?
- WGrandBlvd: Ampeg® B15N 1×15” CB Jensen® C15N, Vintage Ceramic
- Ribbon 121, based on Royer® R121
- Ribbon 160, based on Beyerdynamic® M160N
- Dynamic 57, based on Shure® SM57
- Dynamic Bass52, based on Shure® Beta 52
- Dynamic 421, based on Sennheiser® MD421
- Dynamic Bass20, based on Electrovoice® RE20
- Condenser 87, based on Neumann® U87
- Condenser Knightfall, based on Blue® Dragonfly
- Choice of speaker cab and microphone
- Microphone position (distance, axis, front/back)
- Variphi: phase control
- Overload: natural speaker distortion control
Exciter (gain, frequency)
Compressor (theshold, ratio, attack and release time, make-up gain)