PREMIUM SOUND. HEAD-TURNING PERFORMANCE.
Hummingbird is a versatile, precision-engineered Class A small-diaphragm microphone that unlocks the tonal nuances of your instruments so you can capture the best recordings possible. With a 180-degree rotating head, Hummingbird fits into tight spaces and can nimbly change positions where others can’t.
Featuring a precisely tuned diaphragm and extended frequency response, Hummingbird is the perfect solution for drum overheads, acoustic guitar, piano, percussion, or other instruments with fast transients and rich overtones.
MIC PLACEMENT IS EVERYTHING
Simply rotate Hummingbird’s unique 180° head to place the mic at any angle and discover the tonal nuances of your instrument most mics would leave behind—all without touching the mic stand.
- Sweep the capsule between the 12th fret and sound hole of acoustic guitars for unmatched guitar tone.
- Rotate the capsule between the edge of the snare drum and the center of the drumhead for perfect snare sounds.
- Use two Hummingbird overheads to dial in perfect stereo images for drums and piano.
PREMIUM BLUE CAPSULE
Hummingbird’s precisely tuned cardioid capsule is based on the acclaimed Blue B1 from our interchangeable capsule series—making it perfect for any instrument with fast transients and rich tonal characteristics.
TAKE YOUR SOUND TO NEW HEIGHTS
Hummingbird’s unique sonic signature is perfect for reproducing the sharp attacks and tonal characteristics of nearly any instrument, including drums, acoustic guitars, strings and more. And with no IC’s in the signal path and excellent off-axis rejection, Hummingbird delivers maximum sonic clarity
DRUMS—FROM A BIRD’S EYE VIEW
Hummingbird’s agility, sonic precision, and ability to handle high sound pressure levels make it ideal for recording drums. And its 180° pivoting head makes it easier to fit into drum rack spaces and get the perfect angle for overheads.
- 180° rotating head for precise mic placement
- Cardioid condenser based on the B1 capsule
- Exceptional sonic accuracy and extended frequency response
- Ultra-fast transient response and high-SPL handling for studio and stage
- Transducer Type: Condenser, Pressure Gradient
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20hz - 20khz
- Sensitivity: 15mv/pa @ 1khz (1 Pa = 94db Spl)
- Output Impedance: 50Ω
- Rated Load Impedance: Not Less Than 1kΩ
- Maximum SPL: 130 db SPL
- S/N Ratio: 85.5 db-a (Iec 651)
- Noise Level A-weighted: 8.5 db-a (Iec 651)
- Dynamic Range: 129.5 db (2.5kΩ)
- Power Requirement: +48v DC Phantom Power (Iec 268-15)
- Weight: 212g (7.5oz)
- Dimensions: 170mm X 27mm X 27mm (6.7” X 1.1” X 1.1”)
- Rigid Carry Case With Foam Lining
- Mic Clip
- Foam Wind-screen
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Hummingbird, Small-Diaphragm Condenser Mic with Rotating Head
Hummingbird is a versatile, small-diaphragm microphone that fe...
Drum Miking with Deftones Producer Matt Hyde and Hummingbird Mic
Deftones Producer Matt Hyde (http://www.matthyde.com/) talks d...
Gallant's Band Practice // "Jupiter"
Recording Acoustic Guitar with Hummingbird Condenser Microphone
Hummingbird is a versatile, Class A small-diaphragm microphone...